|The First Annual LETR New Bedford Polar Plunge to benefit Special Olympics Massachusetts is not your average dip! It is an exciting (and cool) fundraising event that takes place every winter. This year the Polar Plunge will be held on Saturday, March 25, 2017 in New Bedford.
Here is how it works:
1. Each Plunger should register in advance of the event through the website or by calling 508-485-0986. This helps make the on-site registration process run much more smoothly. However, walk-on plungers are also welcome as long as they have collected their pledges before the start of the event.
2. Once registered, Plungers raise money (a minimum of $100), through the collection of donations from friends, family, co-workers, fundraising event, etc. Each registered Plunger is given a free Polar Plunge fundraising website. Plungers can accept donations right on their web page, and use it to spread the news about how cool their friends and family can feel about participating in the Plunge - as donors or other Plungers!
3. On the day of the Plunge, all Plungers will check in. At that time, they will turn in any checks or cash they have collected to met the $100 fundraising minimum.
4. Then, it's into the water! Volunteers will be on hand to direct Plungers and assist as needed as everyone takes a quick mid-winter dip!
5. Immediately after the Plunge all Plungers will be directed to the locker rooms or tents to change into some warm clothes.
6. After the plunging is done, awards will promptly begin.
Event History: The Law Enforcement Torch Run ® (LETR) is a year-round fundraising and awareness building program, designed to allow members of the law enforcement community the opportunity to support Special Olympics athletes who live, work and compete in their local communities. Law enforcement personnel from Federal, Military, State, County, and Local agencies participate in the Massachusetts Torch Run campaign. Funds are raised through a variety of activities such as; Cop on Top, Polar Plunge, Truck Pulls, Cruiser Convoys and many more. In June, hundreds of law enforcement personnel carry the Special Olympics Torch, the Flame of Hope, through counties all over Massachusetts culminating at the Opening Ceremonies of the Summer Games.
East Beach - 1000A S. Rodney French Bvld. New Bedford, MA.
|Registration||3/25/2017 9:00 am - 10:45 am|
|Safety Briefing||3/25/2017 10:45 am - 11:00 am|
|PLUNGE!!!!||3/25/2017 11:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Plunger: No Fees|
I'm taking the Plunge and commit to raising at least $100, but hopefully more!
|Pinky Plunger: No Fees|
I'm not going all the way in but my pinky finger will take the Plunge to support SOMA and I'll raise at least $50, but hopefully more!
|Virtual Plunger: No Fees|
I can't be at the Plunge this year, but I will Plunge in spirit!
|Student: No Fees|
I'm taking the Plunge and commit to raising at least $75, but hopefully more!